135 North Main Street
Mon thru Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
Tel: (203) 294-2800
Fax: (203) 294-2882
Chief of Police: John Ventura
Deputy Chief: Anthony DeMaio
Captain: Michael Colavolpe
- Administration and management of the Police Department.
- The Chief of Police is the Legal Traffic Authority for the Town.
Tel: (203) 294-2800
The Communications Center handles all calls relating to Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services.
Tel: (203) 294-2820
- Work with residents and merchants to develop shared responsibility for both the prevention and detection of criminal activity.
- Develop and implement comprehensive crime and loss prevention programs.
- Conduct residential and commercial security surveys.
- Coordinate with high school administrators on matters of mutual interest.
Tel: (203) 294-2845
Narcotics 24-Hr. Tip Line: (203) 269-NARC
- Investigate serious criminal cases.
- Conduct comprehensive narcotics investigation.
Tel: (203) 294-2805
Responsible for uniformed law enforcement and public safety within the community.
Tel: (203) 294-2810
Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
- Police incident and accident reports.
- Criminal history record information
- Public information requests
2. Process requests for permits (firearms, bingo, raffle, bazaar, etc.).
Firearms/Pistol Permit Documents
- Temporary State Pistol Permit Application
- Obtaining a Temporary State Pistol Permit - Instructions
- Temporary State Pistol Permit Miscellaneous Information
- Noncriminal Justice Applicant's Privacy Rights/FBI Privacy Act Statement (required documents)
Bingo, Bazaar, and Raffle Documents
- Bingo Permit Application - Instructions
- Application for Bingo Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Quarterly Bingo Summary Worksheet
- Ten Day Bingo Report
- Application for a Permit to Conduct a Raffle
- Application for a Permit to Conduct a Bazaar
Security Alarm Documents
- Alarm Registration Form (commercial and residential)
3. Responsible for the inventory and disposal of property and evidence.
Tel: (203) 294-2815
- Investigate motor vehicle accidents and traffic safety complaints.
- Conduct selective enforcement programs (e.g., radar, seatbelt and DWI).
- Participate in traffic safety awareness programs at the local high school.
- Respond to traffic signal malfunctions and coordinate required repairs with the outside contractor.
- Responsible for the installation of street and traffic regulatory signs.
- Emplacement of traffic control signs and barricades for special events and emergencies.
- Criminal matters involving children under the age of 18.
- Non-criminal matters involving children and youths.
Referrals to Youth and Social Services (YSS) Diversion Program when appropriate to do so.