Winter is once again upon us and in order to assure a safe holiday season, the Wallingford Department of Public Works is reminding residents of the following:
- Residents should move all basketball hoops behind the sidewalk. Drivers cannot always see them. They should not be on Town property.
- Please observe all parking bans as they will be strictly enforced. The bans are posted on Government TV, the Town's website and News Channels 3, 8 and 30.
- Please keep back 100 feet behind plow trucks to avoid accidents. Drivers are constantly stopping and backing up and may not see you.
- Town Ordinance #593, Article 3, prohibits discharge or piling snow in public roadways. Please inform the contractor that plows your property of such.
- Garbage cans should not be placed in the street.
- Please be patient. Trucks do break down and get stuck or our drivers may be assisting EMS with a fire or accident. Remain patient. Your road will be plowed.
Public Safety is our #1 priority. Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season.
Wallingford Public Works Department