Welcome to Wallingford
Wallingford, CT is a New England town centrally located between New Haven and Hartford, and Boston and New York. The Town of Wallingford website offers helpful and important information for residents, businesses, developers, visitors, and anyone who calls Wallingford home.
Find It Fast
upcoming Events & Meetings
- HazWaste Central will be open Saturdays beginning May 20, 2023
Safe & Free Disposal of Household Hazardous Waste - Saturdays only!
May 20th - October 28th
9:00am - 12:00pm (noon)
*CLOSED on Holiday Weekends*
Located at the Regional Water Authority
90 Sargent Drive, New Haven
Online Preregistration Required - Visit rwater.com/hazwaste
- Police Department Press Release: Upcoming Road Closure and Detour Map for Northford Road Bridge over the Muddy River
Northford Road between Tyler Mill Road and 600-feet east of intersection of Northford Road and Tyler Mill Road will be closed to traffic and detoured from May 29, 2023 through November 30, 2023.
- Memorial Day 2023: Schedule of Ceremonies May 28 - 29, 2023
In Honor of Our Fallen Soldiers ~ For more information visit the Veterans Service Center page on the website or email email@example.com or call 203-605-8580.
- Police Department Press Release: Memorial Day Observance & Parade - Road Closures
On Monday, May 29, 2023 the Town of Wallingford Memorial Day Parade will take place. Road Closures and Parking Restrictions along the Parade Route will apply from 8:00am to approximately 12:30pm.
- Police Department News Release: Click-it or Ticket!!! Upcoming Seatbelt Enforcement in Wallingford
As we approach Memorial Day weekend and the unofficial start of the summer season, the Wallingford Police Department will participate with other law enforcement officials across the State of Connecticut to enforce the State Occupant Protection Laws and issue citations for those who are
- Annual Water Main Flushing Program - Zones 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5
Attention Wallingford Water Customers: The Water division will begin its annual water main flushing program and will be flushing on a Monday through Friday schedule between the hours of 7:30am and 5:00pm. Any questions please contact Water Division at 203-949-2660
- COMPOST CENTER HOURS - April 3 through December 1, 2023: Open 6 Days/Week
157 John Street
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday:
8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Senior permits will expire on April 1, 2023. New permits will be available for purchase at the Wallingford Resident Disposal Center beginning Tuesday, March 28, 2023.
Please note that Permit purchases are available until 2:30 PM during the week, and NO Permits will be available for purchase on Saturdays.
Our mission: Uniting community resources to enhance the health and well-being of all Wallingford residents.