Welcome to Wallingford
Wallingford, CT is a New England town centrally located between New Haven and Hartford, and Boston and New York. The Town of Wallingford website offers helpful and important information for residents, businesses, developers, visitors, and anyone who calls Wallingford home.
Find It Fast
- Pay a Tax Bill In-person, Mail, or Online (Through Official Payments)
- Pay a Utility Bill In-person, Mail, or Online (Through Official Payments)
- ARPA Funding Assistance for Small Businesses and Nonprofits
- Birth, Death & Marriage Certificates
- See Elected Officials
- Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC)
upcoming Events & Meetings
- Police Department Press Release: Road Closure and Detour Map for Northford Road Bridge over the Muddy River
Northford Road between Tyler Mill Road and 600-feet east of intersection of Northford Road and Tyler Mill Road will be closed to traffic and detoured from May 29, 2023 through November 30, 2023.
- Town Issues Reminder on Clearing Sidewalks
Mayor William W. Dickinson has issued a reminder to all Wallingford residents, property owners, businesses and occupants of properties regarding their responsibility for the care of abutting public sidewalks.
- Wallingford Police Benevolent Association: Toys for Tots 2023
The Wallingford Police Benevolent Association (PBA), is currently collecting toys for the annual Toys for Tots drive. If you would like to donate, please drop off a new unwrapped toy at the Wallingford Police Department now thru December 14, 2023.
- Wallingford Garden Market: Winter Market
Join us every Saturday, December 2nd through March 30th for an indoor Winter Market!
Location: 128 Center Street (HUBCAP/WCI)
Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Thanks to the HUBCAP Wallingford and the Coalition of a Better Wallingford for sponsoring the market.
- COMPOST CENTER WINTER HOURS
The Compost Center at 157 John Street will be changing hours effective December 1, 2023.
December 1st - January 12th
Monday, Thursday, Saturday 8am - 4pm
The Compost Center will be closed from January 13th - March 15th, 2024.
- Tick Fact Sheet - Parks & Recreation Department and Health Department
Please read this timely notice regarding ticks.
~ How to effectively remove a tick
~ How to prevent tick bites
~ How to keep your yard tick free
- Grass Clippings - Public Works
Reminder: Grass clippings are NOT accepted at the Town's Compost Center and Resident Disposal Center and it is unlawful to deposit clippings onto public streets, sidewalks or other public property.
- Wallingford Health Dept. Press Release: Mosquitoes Test Positive for West Nile Virus
The Wallingford Health Department has received notification from the CT Department of Public Health confirming that mosquitoes trapped during the week of August 14, 2023, have tested positive for the West Nile Virus. For additional information and inquiries, contact the Wallingford Health Department at (203) 294-2065.
Our mission: Uniting community resources to enhance the health and well-being of all Wallingford residents.