Wallingford Housing Authority
45 Tremper Drive
Wallingford, CT 06492
Tel: (203) 269-5173, x307
Interim Executive Director: Chris Pisani
Housing Manager: Ron Canalia
Interim Asst. Director/Section 8 Representative: Sophia Rosa
We build a stronger community through housing opportunities and resource networks, enhancing the quality of life.
While the Wallingford Housing Authority strives to build and maintain a community of safe, clean and affordable apartments, our mission extends beyond housing to the wellbeing, enrichment, and empowerment of each family that lives here. We work to ensure all of our residents have access to the resources and support they need. Not only to live, but to thrive, as members of the Wallingford community.
- Nicholas Lombardi, Chairman
- Robert Wiedenmann, Jr., Vice-Chairman
- Barbara Geary, Tenant Commissioner
- Shelby P. Jackson, III
- Frank S. Stellato
Provision and maintenance of moderate income and elderly rental housing units. WHA owns and operates the following programs:
- Ulbrich Heights and Extension, 132 units - State Family
- East Side Terrace, 30 units - State Elderly/Disabled
- South Side Terrace, 40 units - State Elderly/Disabled
- McGuire Court, 50 units - State Elderly/Disabled
- John Savage Commons, 35 units - State Elderly/Disabled
- McKenna Court, 30 units - State Elderly/Disabled with HUD PBV Assistance
WHA also administers the sale of Housing Opportunity District Homes located in Olde Oak Village. Thirty (30) units are identified as affordable housing and have long-term price and income restrictions.
Finally, WHA administers the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program.
On April 10, 2020, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) issued PIH Notice 2020-5 and PIH Notice 2020-13 on July 2, 2020 which outlined a series of COVID-19 waivers for various HUD regulations and program deadlines. Some of these changes could influence your subsidy/household. For more information on the implemented waivers that WHA has adopted, please contact our office.