Waste Disposal Center for Wallingford Residents
Location25 Pent Road
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8 am - 4 pm
Saturday: 7 am - 3 pm
The Center is operated by HQ Dumpsters & Recycling under a contract with the Town.
For info, call:
Resident Disposal Center Site/Gate House:
HQ Dumpsters & Recycling: 860-422-5678
Town Program Planning Office: 203-294-2060
*Closed on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Residents of the Town of Wallingford may deliver their own residential refuse to the Resident Disposal Center. Residents using the Center must recycle as required by the Town Recycling Ordinance and Regulations. Commercial refuse is not acceptable.
- Cost of Disposal: Residents pay cash for disposal in accordance with the current fee schedule.
- Vehicles: Residents may deliver refuse ONLY in cars, vans and pickup trucks and small utility trailers.
- Random Checking of Trash: The operator is required to randomly open bags and check trash delivered to the Center in order to be sure that trash does not contain recyclable materials or other materials that are not allowed under the program.
- Vehicles Bringing Waste Other than Household Trash will be Weighed: Items other than household trash such as bulky waste, oversized household items, construction and demo debris, and other such materials will be weighed to determine cost of disposal. Follow directions of the scale house operator.
- Household Hazardous Waste such as pesticides, cleaning solvents, gasoline, etc. is to be disposed at HazWaste Central at the Regional Water Authority, 90 Sargent Drive, New Haven, Saturday mornings from mid-May to the end of October. For more information, call 203-401-2712, or click here.
The following rates are effective July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024:
- For each container of refuse (30 gallons or less, 40 pounds or less): $3.70
- For each light item such as storm or screen doors, etc. (35 pounds or less): $3.00
- For each heavy item such as couches, mattresses, etc. (over 35 pounds): $10.00
- For each 20 pounds of bulky waste delivered: $1.40
- For freon-containing appliances (such as ACs, refrigerators, dehumidifiers, etc.): $25.00
Senior citizens (65 years of age and older) and others who have been ruled eligible for Medicare may purchase a $5 permit and are then eligible for free coupons. Contact the Public Works Department at 203-294-2105 for details.
Helpful Hints To Reduce Your Cost Of Disposal
The most important thing that you can do to reduce your cost of waste disposal is to reduce the volume and weight of material that you are throwing away.
- Reduce: Buy products with the least amount of packaging. Do not take paper or plastic bags at the grocery store. Use cloth shopping bags instead.
- Re-use: Give old clothing or toys to others or to a charitable organization. Use cloth diapers. Have a tag sale.
- Recycle: everything that you can. Visit recyclect.com to see if an item is recyclable.
The more that you reduce the amount of waste that you bring to the Resident Disposal Center, the more you reduce your costs.
Do not bring soil or rock to the Resident Disposal Center for disposal. Soil and rocks can be used in your yard. They are very heavy. If you bring them to the Resident Disposal Center, you will be charged by the ton for their weight.