Tax Collection Office
45 South Main Street
Open to the Public: Mon thru Fri, 9 am - 5 pm
By Telephone: Mon thru Fri, 9 am - 5 pm
Tel: (203) 294-2135
Fax: (203) 294-2137
Tax Collector: Jo-Anne Rusczek, C.C.M.C.
Assistant to the Tax Collector: Cheryl Brundage, C.C.M.C.
The Tax Collector is responsible for the billing and collection of all municipal taxes. Residents may also make electric and water/sewer payments in the Tax Collection Office.
For Questions About:
- Assessments and Exemptions, contact the Assessor's Office, 45 South Main Street, Room 101
- Taxes, interest and payments, contact the Tax Collection Office, 45 South Main Street, Room 209
- Notice: First Half installment of Real Estate, Personal Property taxes on the Grand List of October 1, 2022 is due July 1, 2023, and payable on August 1, 2023. (No separate mailing will be sent for the second installment.)
- 2022 TAX INFORMATION REQUEST FORM
(Print and provide to Tax Office)
- Electric bills, contact the Electric Division, 100 John Street, phone 203-294-2020
- Water bills, contact the Water/Sewer Division, 377 So. Cherry Street, phone 203-949-2660
Paying taxes or utility bills by CHECK? Please use the exterior DROP BOX on the Prince Street side of the building. It is encouraged that payments be mailed to the Tax Collection Office at 45 South Main Street (P. O. Box 5003), Wallingford, CT 06492 or placed in our Payment Drop Slot located by the automatic doors at the rear of Town Hall on Prince Street.
You may choose to pay by credit card (a convenience fee will be charged) by calling 1-800-2PAY-TAX (1-800-272-9829) or visiting Official Payments. Click on the icon for Local Payments. At the prompt, enter Jurisdiction Code 1741. After authorization of your payment, you will be given a confirmation number that you should keep for your records. See Official Payments flyer for more information.
DMV Compliance Issues & Release Policy
Please use the Department of Motor Vehicles website to enter information to determine if there are any compliance issues that would prevent you from being able to register a vehicle or renew a vehicle registration.
- DMV Press Release: DMV, Municipal Officials Ask Residents to Check Motor Vehicle Tax Bills - June 8, 2016
- DMV Release Policy (effective June 1, 2016)