Planning & Zoning
45 South Main Street
Mon thru Fri, 9 am - 5 pm
Town Planner: Kevin Pagini
Land Use Specialist / Zoning Enforcement Officer: Amy Torre
Tel: (203) 294-2090
Fax: (203) 294-2095
The Planning & Zoning Office will conduct drop-in counter hours from 10:00am
until 4:15pm daily. Any business to be conducted outside of these hours will be by appointment only. These hours will apply to both the Town Planner and the Land Use Specialist.
Applications and Mailing Certificates can be dropped off at any time between the hours of 9:00am - 5:00pm.
These hours will take affect on Monday, March 21, 2022.
- Review all development proposals and advise Planning and Zoning Commission if proposals submitted to them comply with Town regulations.
- Coordinate application review with pertinent Town Departments.
- Answer questions from residents, businesses, consultants, and developers pertaining to land use regulations within the Town.
- Advise Planning and Zoning Commission on changes to zoning and subdivision regulation and zoning district boundaries.
- Work with various state agencies in the review of local development projects, including the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and the Department of Transportation.
- Respond to complaints about zoning violations.
- Enforce sedimentation and erosion control regulations.
- Serve as floodplain coordinator for the Town.
- Provide staff assistance to the Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Works, as needed, with the Economic Development Specialist on business recruitment.
- Prepares plans (Plan of Development, Transit Oriented Development, parking) as needed.
- Plan of Conservation and Development 2016-2026 (adopted June 13, 2016). Additional information available on the POCD page.
- Final Transit Oriented Development (TOD) documents:
- Enforce sign regulations.
- U.S. Census Liaison.
- Organization, maintenance and archiving of all Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals records, files and maps.
- Provide staff assistance to the Wallingford Aquifer Protection Agency.
- Application Forms/Fee Schedule
- Plan of Conservation & Development (POCD) Update
- Town Zoning Regulations - Updated online quarterly. Please contact the Planning & Zoning Department for the most up-to-date regulations.
- Town Subdivision Regulations - Please contact the Planning & Zoning Dept. for the most up-to-date regulations.
- Town Aquifer Protection Areas Regulations - Please contact the Planning & Zoning Dept. for the most up-to-date regulations.
- Town Zoning Map - Please contact the Planning & Zoning Dept. for the most up-to-date map information.
- New Haven-Hartford-Springfield Rail Program
- Stormwater and You
Residential Property FAQs
- A survey is required by the Planning and Zoning Department before any building or structure shall be erected, installed, added to, or structurally altered
- Keeping chickens in residential zones
- Keeping horses in residential & rural residential zones
- Swimming pools
- Lot and building requirements in rural & residential districts