Logo for: Town of Wallingford

Planning & Zoning


45 South Main Street
Room #G-40

Public Hours

Mon thru Fri, 9 am - 5 pm


Town Planner: Kevin Pagini
Land Use Specialist / Zoning Enforcement Officer: Amy Torre

Tel: (203) 294-2090
Fax: (203) 294-2095
email: zoning@wallingfordct.gov (general inquiries)

The Planning & Zoning Office will conduct drop-in counter hours from 10:00am 
until 4:30pm daily. Any business to be conducted outside of these hours will be by appointment only. These hours will apply to both the Town Planner and the Land Use Specialist.

Applications and Mailing Certificates can be dropped off at any time between the hours of 9:00am - 5:00pm.


Department Responsibilities

  1. Review all development proposals and advise Planning and Zoning Commission if proposals submitted to them comply with Town regulations.
  2. Coordinate application review with pertinent Town Departments.
  3. Answer questions from residents, businesses, consultants, and developers pertaining to land use regulations within the Town.
  4. Advise Planning and Zoning Commission on changes to zoning and subdivision regulation and zoning district boundaries.
  5. Work with various state agencies in the review of local development projects, including the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and the Department of Transportation.
  6. Respond to complaints about zoning violations.
  7. Enforce sedimentation and erosion control regulations.
  8. Serve as floodplain coordinator for the Town.
  9. Provide staff assistance to the Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals.
  10. Works, as needed, with the Economic Development Specialist on business recruitment.
  11. Prepares plans (Plan of Development, Transit Oriented Development, parking) as needed.
  12. Enforce sign regulations.
  13. U.S. Census Liaison.
  14. Organization, maintenance and archiving of all Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals records, files and maps.
  15. Provide staff assistance to the Wallingford Aquifer Protection Agency.


Residential Property FAQs